Friday, January 23, 2009

Meeting People Via Photography

When I started really getting involved in horse photography I quickly realized that it could help me with a big problem in my life. I was isolated. I had a handful of good friends but my life wasn't busy enough.

Years have gone by now and my life is so full I can't find the time to do everything I want to do! I've met so many diverse and interesting people through photography, gone lots of places and seen all kinds of things.

The shared interest is a real door opener. There is always something to talk about and something to do. And, we have so much fun doing it!

On our school website we say "meet new people" in our descriptions and we mean it. It is such an amazing thing how social networking and photography fit like hand and glove. Recently, I have started participating in Facebook and have connected and reconnnected with all kinds of people. Facebook and photographers seem like a very good match.

We have met dozens of people at workshops we have given and taken and stayed in touch. This afternoon I am going to take pictures for our silhouette course with a lady I met last year at a workshop. She lives only about a half hour away on a beautiful farm. If not for the shared interest of photography we probably would not have met.

It's a wonderful life!

No comments: